I'm Dino Ruffoni, MFT, a psychotherapist in Santa Rosa, California, providing
supportive therapy and thoughtful strategies for children,
adolescents, adults, couples, families and groups. I have many
years of experience working in a variety of counseling
settings. I am known for my openness and sincerity, and
for really appreciating and connecting with people.
Having grown up in a close-knit Italian-American family,
some of the core values that have had an impact on me are the importance of family and friends,
respect for others, doing the right thing, education, hard work and helping others.
There are times in our lives when we can benefit from outside
support and guidance. To ask for help when you need it is a sign
of strength and wisdom. I provide clients with support in achieving short-term goals, as well as
dealing with long-term issues.
It is important that you feel comfortable with your therapist, as the
therapeutic relationship is often the most important factor for
successful therapy. If you, or a family member, are ready to take
this important step in your life and seek outside support,
contact me about a
complimentary initial phone consultation.
Getting To Know Dino
- Born and raised: I was born in northern California and raised in southern California.
- Interesting or little known fact from childhood: I was an accomplished soccer player as a child and an adolescent.
- Hero: My father.
- Family: I'm married and my wife and I have twin daughters.
- Hobbies: I enjoy reading, writing, research, sports, movies, music and traveling.
- AA in General Education, El Camino Junior College
- BA in English and a Minor in Communication Studies, Sonoma State University
- MA in Counseling, Marriage, Family & Child Counseling emphasis, Sonoma State University
- MFT License - MFC #48200
- Continuing Education, yearly
- Tutor and Companion in the Big Brothers Program for over two years, Sonoma County Social Services
- Volunteer Intern at the Opportunity House Homeless Shelter for one year, Community Support Network
- Counselor/Assistant House Manager responsible for working and living with developmentally disabled
adults to increase their independent living skills for over three years, Marin Association for Retarded
- Training in adult psychotherapy for two years, Sonoma State University Counseling Center
- Volunteer Board Member for one year, Narrative Training Associates
- Counselor working in a community-based outreach program for one year at Cook Middle School, Family
and Community Counseling Services
- School Counselor for two years at Sequoia, Village and Whited Elementary Schools, Rincon Valley
Unified School District
- Screening and Assessment of incoming freshman identified as at-risk and in need of adjunctive
services for four summers, Cardinal Newman High School
- Training in ADD/ADHD screening and assessment and working with families for two years, Dr. Bill
- Private Practice Internship for over one year, Loyola Counseling Institute
- School Counselor for six years at Hidden Valley K-3 School Satellite Campus, Santa Rosa City
Schools District, 1998-2004
- School Counselor for ten years at Hidden Valley Elementary School Main Campus, Santa Rosa City
Schools District, 1998-2008
- Private Practice since 2010
- CAMFT: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- RECAMFT: Redwood Empire Chapter of CAMFT